Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Diabetes...or no Diabetes...that is the question!

Well, all of the results are in from my Gestational Diabetes test and everything looks great! Anything over 180 would be questionable for little Malachi, but my blood came back in at a nice 72. No worries here...bring on the pie at Thanksgiving!!

This time last year, I was working on losing 40 pounds so Thanksgiving didn't have as exciting a ring to it. When I realized I would be pregnant at Thanksgiving, I got really excited. Finally...I can completely gorge myself and have a great excuse to!! Unfortunately, my plan has not played out as I had envisioned it. As Mr. Malachi continues to take up more and more room in my body, that leaves less and less room for me to fill it up with food. So, this year I will simply eat until he's full...and lucky for me, he is hungry again in a few hours!! :)

I hope you all have an extremely fantastic Thanksgiving and find more in your life to be thankful for this year than last. I know the easy answer for me is "Malachi!", but I think above that, I am thankful for and completely astounded by God's faithfulness over the past year (and that, of course, includes my little Malachi). So enjoy the turkey, dressing, and ungodly amounts of pie!

0 pennies for your thoughts: