Saturday, November 15, 2008

We're getting closer...

Well, according to all the books I'm currently reading, Malachi entered his third and final trimester last week and weighs around 2 1/2 pounds. As of today (Saturday), I am 28 weeks along!! I can't believe it's been 28 weeks already! The first trimester was sickly and a tad miserable at times so it went by incredibly slow. The second trimester just passed me by! If this is how fast the third goes, he will be here before the paint in his room is dry!

We go back to Dr. Levin Monday morning for the infamous Gestational Diabetes Test. Yay! I get to drink the lovely concoction of sugar my doctor has prepared for me! :) (Can you sense the sarcasm?!) Joking aside, I am very glad that they have the tests they do now so that possible complications can be avoided. I will update the blog as soon as we get the test results back from the doctor. Oh, I will also be posting the comparison photos (20 weeks, 24 weeks, 28 weeks...)

I must say that I honestly don't know how people go through pregnancy and don't believe in God. The sheer fact that all of these intricate details MUST fall into place in order for this beautiful baby to even exist is proof enough for me. Also, the faith it takes to trust that "The Lord will fulfill His purpose" for the life inside of me has been truly humbling. Seeing the beauty of such a loving God fleshed out in such a tangible way is truly amazing and my honor to (literally) carry it. I pray with confidence now like never before and I honestly feel that it is due to Malachi. He has taught me so much about my relationship with God that I can't even begin to describe it. I pray that this is God's purpose for the rest of his life--and He will fulfill it!

Unworthy,
Molly

1 pennies for your thoughts:

RCW said...

We love you guys and are praying for a safe and healthy delivery!

-Cole and Erin