Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy One Week Birthday to ME!!

Ladies and gentlemen, mommy has resumed control of the blog (at least for this posting). Yay! :) Daddy did a wonderful jobin my absence, but I know you've been craving a little more description to our days...right? (Daddy has been having to keep typing to a minimum due to the whole "one hand" thing)

The past week of my life has already held so much for me...many tears, many giggles of sheer joy, a few heartbreaks, an overwhelming new love...it has been a LONG week that I wouldn't trade for anything in this world!

Having a C-Section was always some stupid fear of mine, so when the doctor came in my room at 3:30pm on Tuesday and began to wheel me into the operating room (it all happened so fast) because my body wasn't progressing in labor (all I had to show for nine intense hours of labor was 3 little centimeters), I started to freak out a little bit. God definitely sent some angels to my bedside as they scrubbed me down, numbed me up, and began the surgery that would change the rest of my life. Overwhelming tears flooded my eyes when I heard my sweet baby boy cry for the first time. My body would do nothing else besides open the flood gates! Whew, I cry now just typing about it (and in person, if I talk about it, the gates are re-opened every time!)

After the C-Section, the hospital stay was rough. I was stuck in bed recovering from major surgery and suddenly had a whole other life I was responsible for! Ahh! By the patient grace of God, Steve and I made it through the hospital stay (the worst part of the whole experience) and got to bring our healthy baby boy home! Praise God!

So, since today is Malachi's one week birthday (hard to think it's already been a week!), we wanted to show you what he's been up to. He had a major "FIRST" last night...HIS FIRST BATH! We decided that six days was long enough to go without a bath. Here's our little pictoral story of how it all went...enjoy!

Don't freak out about his belly button--it's normal I swear. It will be a few more days until the umbilical cord falls off.

This is what I meant by "heartbreak". This little face can melt my heart at the drop of a hat. He looked at me like I was crazy when I put his little naked body in the water. :)


He truly is his daddy's boy...he LOVED getting his head scrubbed and scratched!


My sweet little monkey looking at his mommy.


He cocked his head back just as daddy snapped the picture. His hair was all soapy, but you can't see it. Take my word for it!

Sheer anger! Haha...I had just taken him out, he was cold, hungry, and confused. I don't blame him for the evil look. :)

My sweet little (clean) monkey!

The proud daddy and his clean little monkey!

Lotion time! Besides the hair washing, this was his other favorite part of the experience.


Ahh...all clean and ready to eat!
Hope you enjoyed the "first bath" ride! We had our first "cluster feeding" night where my little man was up every hour or hour and a half to demonstrate some serious milk intake, so we're a little sleepy today....NAP TIME!
Unworthy of this new found love,
Molly

4 pennies for your thoughts:

Meagan H. said...

Oh Molly he is beyond precious!! You look like a natural giving him a bath. Its so funny that almost all babies are crying during their first bath, including my own daughter. It truely is amazing how one tiny life can make such a HUGE impact on you. Enjoy him!! Take care!!

The Rest is Still Unwritten said...

So precious! I'm so glad things went well and that he's finally here! Congrats, he's a doll!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! He is just unbelievably cute!! Congratulations Molly ....I am so happy for you guys!

Jen Crane said...

oh my gosh i can almost smell that sweet little baby body :) what a GORGEOUS boy and you look absolutely radiant, my dear. sooo excited for you, knowing that motherhood will change you in ways that you didn't even realize need changing... i am always here for you to rejoice in the wonderful times and listen through the rest :) love you girl - so proud of you two!