First of all, I got my PICC line out this morning!! Yay!!! It was about two feet long and quite thicker than I thought it would be when I saw it lying in the hazardous material bin after they pulled it out. The nurse didn't let me watch (she made me look away) but Steve got a front row seat and may have thrown up a bit in his mouth. Haha!
I am released of my eight-hour shifts of antibiotic patrol!! I can't wait to go to sleep tonight and get to stay that way until my alarm! No middle of the night medicine administering! The joke is on me since soon enough I will be up every three hours feeding a hungry baby. :)
Speaking of hungry babies....oh my.....
We had our 36-week ultrasound today and the results were surprising to say the least. It turns out that the little monkey inside of me is currently tipping the scales at SEVEN POUNDS!!! Keep in mind that he still theoretically has four weeks to keep growing! Ahh!! Dr. Levin said he was in the 75th percentile (meaning he's a hulk baby) and he has pretty broad shoulders (like his daddy). Great! (sarcasm, of course). I do quote Dr. Levin when I say, "You will certainly have some work to do to push those shoulders out, but I think we can do it." That makes you feel good, doesn't it?! Can anyone say EPIDURAL?!
We go back next Monday and she will start checking to see if I have started dilating or not. Before today's appointment, I was so ready for Malachi to come so that I could hold him and finally get to see him. Now, I think I've joined more of the practical side of things--he doesn't need to grow anymore so he can come as soon as he wants! :)
I loved seeing him in the ultrasound! He was blinking, moving his cramped arms, had a full belly (we just ate lunch) and the sweetest chubby cheeks! I can't wait to hold my giant chunky monkey in my arms!! So much for the preemie outfits!
Unworthy,
Molly

0 pennies for your thoughts:
Post a Comment