At 7:10 this morning, Dr. Levin came in and broke my water and cranked up the Pitocin. I learned two things:
1) Pitocin works fast. (It skips that whole "light contractions every thirty minutes" part and goes straight to the "intense pain every minute or so")
2) I would wish manual breaking of your water upon no one.
After an hour and a half of some sudden and intense contractions, it was time to surrender to the epidural! :) The insertion process wasn't bad at all...it actually hurt more to get my PICC line put in than the epidural. After about 15 minutes, my body was on cruise control. There is still a pretty sharp and annoying pain in my back with every contraction, but the epidural can only do so much. It took away all of the pain (knock on wood) in my abdomen but the back pain is inevitable. But, God is good and His love is being shown to Steve and I in a whole new way today. We have a running tab going on everyone's guesses of what Malachi will weigh. Feel free to comment with your guess! :)
The winner gets to babysit for FREE!! :)
UPDATE: Dr. Levin just came in and checked me. She said I was 3 cm (she wanted 4) but I was 90% effaced--which is the hard, slow part. She will check me again in an hour and hopes I will be 4 cm. From there, she said we should start rolling. We shall see!
Unworthy,
Molly
2 pennies for your thoughts:
Molly, I just caught up on everything in the Milillo family by reading every single one of your blogs. I must say, you are a fantastic writer! My sister at this very moment is in the hospital awaiting the arrival of her baby boy as well. Not at the same hospital, otherwise I'd swing by to say hi. So glad that things are better with you and Steve and can't wait to meet little Malachi!
I take it since you havent updated your blog that little bundle of joy has entered into this world!! Hope everything went well and I cant wait untill you post some pics. Take care girl!! We're still praying for your family!!
Post a Comment