Monday, January 19, 2009

WHAT A DAY!

Whew! What a day!
On our way to two-birds-with-one-stone doctor appointments (Steve was seeing the hand surgeon across the street from my OB/GYN check-up), I get a call from Dana (my sister). She is also 37 weeks along and is due two days after me...until today! She went in for her check-up in the time slot before my appointment (same doctor) and since her baby was still breech AND she was beginning labor, they scheduled her C-Section for today!! Just a few hours later and I was staring wide-eyes at my new little nephew, Drew Jeffry Nordlander. He is too cute for words. I don't have a decent picture to put on here just yet due to the fact that the nursery let his manhood be out in the open for all my pictures...I will put a more flattering picture as soon as I get one. :)
He weighed 6 lbs, 4.7 oz and was 18 3/4 inches long. He is a cutie!!
As for me and Malachi...as of today, I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Dr. Levin said we won't be meeting both cousins today, but that it's a start. It could be a day or a week...no one really knows. I am praying that Malachi can wait until at least Thursday. The construction guys are supposed to wrap our house up on Wednesday and Wednesday morning at 10:30, Steve will be having reconstructive surgery on his hand. God is good! I've nicknamed Steve "Humpty Dumpty" because I'm ready for him (along with our house) to be put back together again. So as long as Malachi waits until AT LEAST Thursday, everything will be wonderful. :)
I will continue to keep you posted and will definitely put up pictures of my adorable new (red-headed) nephew!
Unworthy,
Molly

1 pennies for your thoughts:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALREADY ALMOST HERE!!! HAS IT REALLY BEEN NINE MONTHS ALREADY!?!?!?

and what happened to stevers?!