Thursday, January 8, 2009

HOME STRETCH!!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have entered the home stretch!
It seemed to be something that was so distant it would never come, but my last day with my beloved PICC line is MONDAY!!!!
Dr. Rensimer said we can take out the PICC line at my appointment next Monday AND it can be my last appointment!! (Except for follow-up visits, of course). Yay!!! So next Monday will be quite a celebratory day--PICC line out in the morning and in the afternoon, we will get to take a gander at the little monkey inside of me at Dr. Levin's office! Yay again!!
My SED rate was up to 36 but he said as long as it's in the 30's he is ok with me getting off the medicine. I went to a different lab this time so the Doubting Thomas that I am sometimes, I wonder if the previous lab did in fact screw up my really low results. Thankfully it doesn't matter because I no longer present any symptoms and my blood looks great! God's hand through all of this has been so protecting...and not just to Malachi. HE protected me from the stress and worry that I would usually have in a crazy situation like this. HE protected us financially by some unspoken and anonymous acts of love towards us. HE protected me from any guilt with thinking I did something wrong to cause all of this. HE is my Great Protector!
I can't wait to share the information we will get on Monday from Dr. Levin. I'm hoping she can guess how much my little man weighs (or how much he is PROJECTED to weigh in the next four weeks). From this point on, he is supposedly gaining around a pound a week so watch out for my expanding incubator of a tummy!!
I have my second and final baby shower this Sunday. It will mostly be people from work with a few nutty family members thrown in. So if you are in the vacinity of Susan Pitman's house around 2:30pm on Sunday, swing by! I would love to have you!
Unworthy,
Molly

0 pennies for your thoughts: