Saturday, January 24, 2009

My my my...

Whew! What a week!! So much has happened in the past seven days! We have definitely had our hands full so sorry for the delay in posting.


Let's start with how Monday morning's OB/GYN visit went. As of Monday, I was 1 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and Malachi's head was at a -2 position. (All very normal). If you read the last post, you will know that our family welcomed Baby Drew Nordlander on Monday afternoon at 2:16pm. It turns out that he was a week or two younger than they projected, so he technically is a "preemie" (maybe he can wear Malachi's preemie clothes since he may not need them!). Drew is doing great now and is happy as a clam when he's with his mommy, daddy, and proud big brother. He will be in the NICU until tomorrow morning while they wait on some blood tests to ensure he is perfectly safe to go home with the rest of his family. I know it has to be incredibly hard for Dana and Rob to leave their little one at the hospital, but hopefully it will only be one more day. We are all ready to see Drew in HIS house!


Last Saturday began the reconstruction of our house from the hurricane damage!!!!! Yay!!!! While I was SOOOOO glad that it was getting done before the baby, the completion date went from Wednesday...to Thursday...to Friday at noon...to today. There are just a few minute things left to do (mostly touch-ups) so I believe they will truly finish today! I am VERY ready to have my house put back together...and to plop my very pregnant body on my couch and just relax in my living room (now that it has a ceiling).
This past Wednesday also marked the reconstruction of Steve's finger. :)
Dr. Lou did an incredible job putting my Humpy Dumpty back together again. He said it's not every day that he gets a fracture like that lined up PERFECTLY, but judging from the x-ray, after he was done he couldn't even tell where it had been broken. Steve is dealing with some pain (could be from the two pins sticking out of his finger) but thank the Lord that doctors give you good medicine! :) To further amuse myself, here are some pictures from surgery day (a BIG event since it was Steve's first!)...




Steve's finger in the emergency room waiting area...a little shorter and a little more crooked than God created it.





No one wears a gown better than my husband!







This is what Morphine does to a grown man...I believe Steve reverted back to his days in the womb during his time in the recovery room.





And this is what we came home to...life in the construction zone! Ahh!

All in all the past week has shown me a lot. I have seen how God pieces things together perfectly in His timing, how selfless Steve has had to be to take care of ME when I've had surgery, how physically limited my pregnant body is getting, how ready we are to hold our little monkey, and the sense of humor of the God we serve is definitely one that I love.

Unworthy,

Molly

p.s.--we go back for our 38-week check-up on Monday!

0 pennies for your thoughts: