Andrea (12 wks), Aubree (30 wks), Jamie (30 wks), Dana (31 wks), Me (31 wks)
If you're going to do something, it's always best to find some people to ride the roller coaster with you. :)
Update time...
I killed two Memorial City Hospital birds with one stone yesterday. I had Dr. Rensimer (infectious disease guru) in the morning and Dr. Levin (baby doctor) in the afternoon so I just hung around the hospital and mall all day. Let's start with Dr. Rensimer...
He said all is well. My latest urinalysis came back and thank God, I do NOT have a bladder infection!! YAY!! Also, the medicine is still on the right track of stopping this crazy infection. I do want to clear up a myth--the infection is NOT in my ear. It is in my mastoid bone (big skull bone behind your ear). I have had a lot of people asking about my ear and when I say "It's great", they give me a weird look so I wanted to clarify. Haha. Dr. Rensimer took more blood and the good ol' pee in a cup (my Monday ritual) so I will have those results back Thursday. He loaded me up with my goodie bag of syringes, saline, alcohol wipes, and antibiotics and sent me on my way. I thought I was done with his office for the day and went to lunch with my mom (Olive Garden salad and breadsticks are right across the street from his office). Thankfully, Susan Pitman (my co-worker) called me to tell me that she and my other two allies in the life skills world would give me a heads up on the health status of our classroom. Three students had to go home that morning due to various things (fever, viruses, etc.). After this ray of sunshine news, I went back to talk to my doctor to seek his opinion on all of this. He said if it were him, he would not dare risk getting any kind of virus on top of all of having mastoiditis AND being 32 weeks pregnant. He gave me a new return to work date for Friday the 19th (Happy Birthday to me!). So I feel slightly slacker-ish because I will go back for a whole day and then be on Christmas break for two weeks (after I've been off since Dec. 1st). I have to keep realizing that it's not just me anymore...I am a walking incubator for the most precious thing in my life and I have to do everything in my power to protect him! Normally I would suck it up and go back to work because "I can handle it", but when my Malachi is involved, no way! He deserves me at my healthiest so Friday it is.
Now for Dr. Levin's news...(OB/GYN)
Good news! Malachi is definitely rockin' and rollin' inside that crazy uterus of mine! While Steve and I were waiting in the exam room, we overheard the fetal heartbeat from the room next to us. I, of course, gave Malachi a pep talk..."Alright, it's time to get serious. I want to hear your heartbeat louder, stronger, and faster! Go Team Milillo!" After a team high five between Steve and I, Dr. Levin came in. Sure enough, Malachi was ready to show off! His little heart was beating to its fullest extent (showing off for his daddy). I asked her if she could tell where his head was (up or down) and she was confident that he is indeed head down! Good boy! To further demonstrate where he is hangin' out until the big day, I created an epic illustration for you...
So there it is, folks. (That's about how I look, too! Haha!)
I will see Dr. Rensimer again Thursday and get my new SED rate and other labs back. I will keep you updated so check back then! Until Thursday, there's not all that much going on concerning Malachi. I will say that it has been a Godsend being off the past two weeks because I have gotten to really spend some valuable quality time with my incredible husband who I really miss getting to see whenever I want. It was a tough first week that beat my body up pretty badly, but my energy is returning and I am trying to regain some normalcy. Until Thursday, farewell!
Unworthy,
Molly
0 pennies for your thoughts:
Post a Comment