Monday, December 8, 2008

What a Weekend!

Whew...this weekend was a tiring one!
I had a GREAT report at Dr. Morgan's on Friday (ear doctor). The pain in my mastoid bone is almost erradicated (which means I've been able to FINALLY sleep on my left side...to give my right hip a break!)!!! The place on my arm where the PICC line starts is still pretty sore though. They are going to change the dressing on it today at Dr. Rensimer (remember...infectious disease dude). Last time I was at his office, there was talk about possibly doing a CAT scan after Malachi is here to confirm whether or not the bone has been damaged and if surgery would still be needed.
We got the culture back from the lab on the junk Dr. Morgan sucked out of my head and it contained the Strep bacteria. I never had Strep Throat, but the bacteria somehow settled itself in my ear and then my bone. Unfortunately, the Strep bacteria is harder to kill than Staff, but so far the antibiotics seem to be doing their job! I see Dr. Rensimer today at 10:30 so we will see what he says our next couple of steps are. He will take some blood today and I will pick up my next round of antibiotics (they give me a few days at a time in case they need to change them). I always feel so informed and much smarter after leaving his office. He truly is a genius.
I will (of course) keep you posted on how the visit goes.
Also, Saturday marked my baby shower!! I understand there was a mix-up in the mail with quite a few invitations so if you didn't receive one in tme or just plain didn't receive one, I am so sorry!! I would have loved for you to be there! It was great to see my worlds collide: family, friends, extended family, friends that pretty much are family...it made my heart quite happy. :)
I will post pictures of the shower soon so check back!
Unworthy,
Molly

0 pennies for your thoughts: