Friday, December 26, 2008

Expecting miracles...

I have really been slapped in the face recently by the incredible power and surprise of the God we serve.
As you know, my SED rate started at 69, went down to 55, and then the next week was "supposedly" at 10. Dr. Rensimer (infectious disease dude) called it "not medically plausible" for my number to accurately be 10. The lab must have screwed up, right? Well...maybe not. I got my results back this week and the number was 14!! He said that he wants to see a low number like this one more week in a row and then he will believe it. For it to jump from 55 down to a totally normal range in one week is phenomenal!!
The slap in the face comes with my pessimism. I have honestly been praying for this whole situation, but like an idiot, it didn't occur to me to be so bold as to petition God to HEAL me. So, earlier this week, I got to work praying some bold prayers of HEALING (not just "dealing with" or "getting through") this whole situation and wouldn't you know it...God came through! I was completely humbled because I wasn't expecting a miracle at all.
Part of me seems to think that miracles are reserved for "really special people" or "really terminal patients". I almost felt guilty praying for healing because such a bold prayer can be viewed as "arrogant" in my own mind. Who am I to judge any prayer--let alone my own! Ha! God doesn't call Himself the Great Healer for no apparent reason...He uses that name so when we need Him to be that in our lives, He will. I know in the past month, I have had to call out to many different names of God: Comforter, Provider, Stength, Grace, Forgiveness, and Courage to name a few. Every single time my mouth gets the privelege of uttering a name of God, He is faithful to become that in my life. It's not like I'm telling God what to do, it's rather a demonstration of faith in God for Him to be who He says He will be.
I see Dr. Rensimer again Monday and I believe he wants to try to schedule an x-ray next week (don't worry, they will shield Malachi). I will keep you posted. I am a little concerned something is going awry because I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and today it is worse and has made my whole head/ears/throat areas feel just crummy. I don't have fever and I have no idea how I could get sick on top of the antibiotics I've been taking for almost a month now, but who knows...Let me continue my vitamins and OJ!!
Oh, also...Malachi's 34 week prenatal appointment is Monday afternoon! Yay!! Daddy won't be in town (he leaves tomorrow morning through Tuesday evening) but maybe Malachi's Grandma would like to accompany us.... :)
Unworthy,
Molly

2 pennies for your thoughts:

Ghi said...

There is nothing that I would rather do on Monday than to go to doctors with you! As if I haven't been doing that every Monday since I can't remember how long....
Molly, I am humbled by your faith and your prayers for healing. I join in in praying boldly for the outcome God has planned. I love you more than you could know! Ghi

Meagan H. said...

You are beautiful!! My prayers are with you, your family and that precious baby boy of yours!