Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HOORAY!!
Today is a day for celebrating!!
Today at my appiontment with Dr. Rensimer (infectious disease guru--he knows that to be my name for him now...haha), my SED rate was at an all-time low!! Let's review how the incredibly mighty hand of God has worked through the past few weeks:
WEEK 1--SED rate 69
WEEK 2-- SED rate 55
WEEK 3-- SED rate 10 (thought the lab screwed up)
WEEK 4-- SED rate 14 (lab may not have screwed up)
WEEK 5-- SED rate 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (God is the ultimate Healer!!!)
So after such good blood test results three weeks running and my symptoms and overall feeling better, Dr. Rensimer decided that in two more weeks, I can have my PICC line removed and be done with this whole ordeal!! Praise God!!! It's been three months of some crazy health issues (and rare ones!) but through it all, my God has been more than faithful. I prayed confidently for today's appointment that His hand would be shown in the results and to have a number as low as 4 is truly remarkable!
He said that by finishing up two more weeks, we could hopefully steer far away from any risk of relapse. He explained that six weeks of aggressive clinical treatment (what he's been doing) is, in his opinion, a good "text book treatment" for an acute case of this particular mastoiditis infection...although nothing about mastoiditis is "text book". He thinks with the aggressive treatment from Dr. Morgan earlier on and then these 6-7 weeks with his treatment, we may have cured this complex little monster! He said there is always a risk of relapse, depending on how damaged the bone is and based on how my particular case presented, but if something relapses, it will take a couple weeks for me to notice any symptoms. The good part about this is that I can have my precious little baby boy without having to worry about any impending surgery or messin' with a PICC line! I get to focus on my Malachi! Also, if some symptoms were to return (he doesn't forsee that happening based on how well my body has responded to the medicine) it would be after Malachi is here so the doctors could do whatever imaging of the area they would need without any complication or risk to the baby. Yay God!!
I have actually never been so happy to hear that I have to have my PICC for two more weeks. This is the first time in three months that I've actually been given a timeline for all of this mess to be over with!! Again I say...our God is mighty to save (and heal)!!
I will have to miss only four more days of work for all of this! Yay!! We are continuing to pray for God to shield my little monkey from any effects from the infection and the medicine. We will get to see his little 2-D face on the 12th!! I have my work baby shower on the 11th and am so ready to get to hold my little boy (but he can cook a little while longer)! Our God is incredible and longs to work miracles in our lives. I will keep you posted on the happenings of this crazy Milillo clan until then!
Unworthy,
Molly

0 pennies for your thoughts: