Here's me...just enjoying my PICC line. Good times.
Really, though...God is doing amazing things right now. We have hit some pretty hard financial times and it seems from the outside looking in that the timing couldn't be worse, but I can just picture God sitting on His incredible throne just smiling because "for such a time as this" is what He saw fit. He will work His miracles...we just have to be patient enough to appreciate them.
I had another promising visit at the doctor today! Dr. Rensimer (infectious disease genius) poked and prodded all over my mastoid bone and I BARELY felt any pain!! God is so good!!! The fact that the pain is almost completely gone is some preliminary proof that the antibiotics are doing their job! Praise God!
He took more blood today and we will discuss the results on Thursday. My SED rate (something in your blood that red flags inflammation) was way above normal as of last week. Normal for someone my age would be below 10, but my SED rate was a whopping 69! Ouch! He said that your SED rate naturally raises when you're pregnant, but a number that high was not normal so something is obviously going on in there. We're all praying that those numbers are down on Thursday!
He also said that I will need to be on the IV antibiotics "for awhile". "Awhile" in his terms means at least a month. I'm praying that I figure out a way so I can return to work as soon as I'm able. It's killing me knowing I'm already on medical leave (when I needed to save all 12 weeks for Malachi's arrival). But, like I said before, God certainly knows what He's doing and it will all make perfect sense one day. My impression from Dr. Rensimer was that after Malachi is born, they will do a CAT scan to see what damage has been caused to the bone and then decide if surgery is needed. He said that with an infection like this one in a "spongey" bone like the mastoid, antibiotics can only go so far and sometimes surgery is required after an aggressive course of drugs has been given. We will see what develops. I am BEYOND glad that I am far enough along that a) nothing is messin' with Malachi and b) he will be here sooner than later so we will have our end result from all of this soon enough. I actually get two days without doctors this week so I will busy myself with resting and doing various baby things!! I see Dr. Rensimer again on Thursday and I will certainly post my results from my blood work. Keep the prayers coming...and the holy pot pie, Steve Sapaugh!
Remember...Malachi remains untouched and well accounted for!
Unworthy,
Molly
(and Steve and Malachi)
0 pennies for your thoughts:
Post a Comment